A product’s IP rating basically defines the levels of effective sealing a product is equipped with against water, dirt as well as other natural or man-made elements. Here today we will make a post to explain what your Doogee Phones IP rating really means.
Keep reading if you have any interest in this topic.
What is an IP rating?
IP stands for Ingress Protection and the numbers attached to the IP code have specific rating. The first number signifies the range of impact the item can withstand during regular usage. The second digit, on the other hand, denotes protection when exposed to different kinds of moisture and liquids such as water, sprays, drips, submersion, etc. Let’s delve into the details to learn more.
Decoding the IP ratings
As aforementioned, the first digit denotes intrusion protection and the second number signifies safety against moisture.
First Digit – Solids
- 0 – No unique protection.
- 1 – Protection from large body parts, like hands and legs.
- 2 – Safety against fingers or objects not higher than 80mm (length) and 12mm (diameter).
- 3 – Protection against wires or tools with a 2.5mm diameter or higher.
- 4 – Safety against rigid bodies that are bigger than 1mm.
- 5 – Protection from dust that could harm machinery.
- 6 – Completely dustproof.
Second Digit – Liquids
- 0 – Zero protection.
- 1 – Condensation protection.
- 2 – Protection from water droplets that have a 15-degree vertical deflection.
- 3 – Protection from spray with 60-degree vertical deflection.
- 4 – Safety from water sprays.
- 5 – Safeguard against water jets (low pressure) flowing from all directions.
- 6 – Security against waves and string water jets.
- 7 – Protection against non-permanent immersions.
- 8 – Safety from prolonged immersion effects.
The actual IP numbers or range may vary across products and their typical usage scenarios – the common IP ratings generally are IP65, IP66, IP67 as well as IP68.
Generally, products are tested for their IP ratings by manufacturers in in-house or third-party laboratories that comply with IEC 60529. The objective is to ensure an independent, certified testing procedure.
The testing procedure typically entails examining the equipment’s protection against liquids and/or solid bodies and how well it fares in terms of the manufacturer’s specific waterproofing requirements. The exposure’s effects are then measured and a proper IP rating is given. This procedure would usually take a few weeks after the samples for testing are received.
Products tested for their resilience against liquid will typically have their covers and ports firmly closed. In compliance with IP57 means, the item can be kept in freshwater up to a meter for not more than 30 minutes. IP58 means the depth can be increased to 1.5 meters.
Limitations to IP ratings
There are a few interesting things about these tests that are not common knowledge.
- The ratings don’t indicate the tested product can work when submerged in water within its classified range.
- Chemical exposure is also not permissible, this can also include saltwater, which is why it’s always best to rinse them with tap water afterward.
IP Rating Alternatives
IP ratings are pretty much the industry standard, but there’s National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) in the U.S. that also helps classify a product’s protection levels from foreign bodies. In fact, it’s believed the IP standard was created as an alternative to NEMA rating.
IP and NEMA ratings don’t have any direct correlation since both have a different variable base setup. NEMA ratings are denoted with “Type” and a number ranging from 1 to 13. Similar to the IP rating standard, each “Type X” rating indicates specific ingression traits.
NEMA rating isn’t as popular as the IP rating system outside of the States. In fact, most consumer electronic goods with waterproof traits have their ingression traits mentioned in terms of IP ratings.
I hope this has helped you to understand the inner workings of the IP rating system and now you have acquired some not so common knowledge.
Hot Selling IP68 Waterproof Doogee Phones
Doogee S96 Pro
Parameters of DOOGEE S96 Pro Rugged Smartphone
- Processor: Helio G90
- OS: Android 10.0
- SIM: Dual Sim(Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM / Nano SIM +TF Card)
- Battery: 6,350mAh
- Charger interface: Type-c
- Memory: 8GB+128GB
- Display: 6.22 Inch
- Resolution: 720*1520 HD+
- Front Camera: 16MP
- Rear Camera: 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 20MP
Network Frequency Bands of S96 Pro Rugged Phone
Doogee S96 pro is one of the most hot selling Doogee Phones that comes with a night vision camera.
Doogee S95 Pro
Product Specifications of Doogee S95 pro
- Brand: Doogee
- Model name: S95 pro
- Operation system: Android 9.0
- Storage: 8GB+128GB
- CPU: MTK, Helio P90, 2xCortex-A75, 2.2GHz & 6xCortex-A55, 2.0GHz
- SIM Card: Dual Nano Cards
- Display: 6.3″ IPS 19:9 Waterdrop Full Screen FHD+Display
- Front camera: 16MP f/2.0 80* Wide-angle
- Rear camera: SONY IMX586 48MP+8MP+8MP f/1.8+f/2.4 Wide-angle LED Flash
- Battery: 5150mAh Supports Wireless Charging
- External Storage: Micro SD Card(T-Flash Card)up to 256GB
Product Features of Doogee S95 pro
- Front Camera: 16.0MP f/2.0 80° Wide-angle
The excellent image should be clear enough even you zoom in. The 1/2” large light sensor with 1.6μm pixel improves the quality. Also, The Doogee S95 Pro provides rich details and shocking quality with a resolution of 5times 4K TV. The phone automatically adjusts the depth of field, color-ton, and beautify level.
- IP68 / IP69K / MIL-STD-810G Protection Grade
DOOGEE S95 PRO smartphone has passed the most strict IP68/IP69K & United States Military MIL-STD-810G certification, therefore, it surviving 30 minutes of immersion in 1.5 meters of water, 24 hours of concrete submission under 1 meter and drop from 1.2 meters.
- Supports 10W Wireless Charging
With the support of 10W wireless charging, the S95 PRO has faster power recovery. The big battery and rapid charging speed are mutually reinforcing to speed up the pace of the boring recharging period.
- Helio P90 Octa-core Processor
SoC combined a pair of powerful Arm Cortex-A75 CPUs with six Cortex-A55 in a single octa-core cluster. Altogether with the performance leading APU2.0, a powerful IMG PowerVR GM 9446GPU and a fast LPDDR4X memory controller, you get 50% faster performance than the previous P60/70.
Doogee S95 pro is also one of the most hot selling model from Doogee Phones. It comes with 2 useful modules: Bluetooth speaker and power modules.
That’s all the information about the Doogee Phones IP Rating. Also, please feel free to leave your comments below if you have any ideas or advice.
You can visit DoogeePhones.com for more information or more Doogee Phone models,