Smartphone design has changed quite a lot over the past few years. We now have phones that are extremely sleek, with all-glass builds, and large displays with minimal bezels across the price spectrum. Unfortunately, most mainstream phones aren’t ideal for those that work in more intense environments, like construction. That’s where a good rugged smartphone can make all the difference. Here are the best rugged phones you can buy in 2020!
1. Blackview BV9900
- Model: Blackview BV9900 rugged phone
- Central Processing Unit(CPU): MT6779V Octa Core up to 2.1GHz
- RAM: 8GB
- ROM: 256GB
- GPU: IMG 9xm-hp8 970MHZ
- SIM Quantity: Dual SIM
- SIM Types: Nano SIM Card
- OS System: Android 9.0 Pie
- External Memory: TF card up to 2TB (not included)
- Sensor: G-sensor, Gyroscope, Temperature sensor, Magnetic sensor, Gesture Sensor, Compass as well as Fingerprint sensor
- Breathing Light: RGB
- Additional Features: NFC, Wireless Charge, FM as well as OTG
- Fingerprint: Side-mounted
Blackview is becoming an increasingly popular name in the world of rugged phones. The latest and greatest from the company — the BV 9900 — features impressive specs and features. More importantly, it can survive in almost any environment.
In terms of protection, the phone comes with IP68 and IP69K ratings for dust and waterproofing, a MIL-STD 810G certification for impact protection, and can withstand temperatures as low as -30 degrees Celsius (-22 degrees Fahrenheit) and as high as 55 degree Celsius (131 degrees Fahrenheit). It can also be charged wirelessly, supports NFC, and comes with a UV meter and hygrometer. Decent specs and a surprisingly good camera setup round out one of the best rugged smartphones currently available. There’s a Pro model, too, adding thermal imaging.
2. Doogee S95 Pro
- Brand: Doogee
- Model Name: S95 pro
- Operation System: Android 9.0
- Storage: 8GB+128GB
- CPU: MTK, Helio P90, 2xCortex-A75, 2.2GHz & 6xCortex-A55, 2.0GHz
- SIM Card: Dual Nano Cards
- Display: 6.3″ IPS 19:9 Waterdrop Full Screen FHD+Display
- Front camera: 16MP f/2.0 80* Wide-angle
- Rear camera: SONY IMX586 48MP+8MP+8MP f/1.8+f/2.4 Wide-angle LED Flash
- Battery: 5150mAh Supports Wireless Charging
- External Storage: Micro SD Card(T-Flash Card)up to 256GB
The Doogee S95 Pro comes with all the specs and features expected from a high-end rugged phone. You get IP68 and IP69K rating for dust and waterproofing and a MIL-STD 810G certification for impact protection with this phone. It also comes with good mid-range specs, a large battery, and a surprisingly good camera setup.
However, what makes this phone stand out from the crowd is its modular capabilities. Two modules are available right now. The battery module, as the name suggests, lets you tack on an additional 3,500mAh unit to the phone and is ideal for those planning long outdoor trips. You can also get a speaker module that comes with its own battery to allow for up to 10 hours of playback. A built-in kickstand on the speaker module lets you have a great hands-free media viewing experience.
3. Ulefone Armor 9
- OS: Android 10
- Color: Black
- USB: Type-C
- CPU: MediaTek Helio P90
- Memory: 8GB ROM+128GB RAM
- Display: 6.3‑inch (diagonal)
- Resolution: 2340 x 1080 FHD+ 410 PPI
- Front Camera: 8MP selfie camera
- Rear Camera: 64MP super Camera
- Battery of Ulefone Armor 9: 6600mAh Battery
- Charging: Supports 18W fast charging
- Battery Standby Time: Up to 510 Hours
- Talk Time: Up to 42 Hours
- Fingerprint Unlock: Yes
- Face Unlock: Yes
- SIM Card: Dual Nano-SIM slots
Joining the growing list of decently-specced rugged smartphones with good cameras and thermal imaging is the Ulefone Armor 9. You get the similar hardware and protection features that are available with Doogee S95 Pro and more. The phone is completely dust and waterproof and should comfortably survive most accidental bumps and drops.
The standout feature of the Armor 9 aside from the FLIR thermal imaging camera is the huge battery that is packed into the relatively sleek phone at 6,600mAh. While the Armor 9 definitely looks like a rugged phone and has all the right specs including IP68/69K, it adds a 64MP rear shooter in a quad-camera setup for decent photos, latest Android 10, and 8GB of RAM.
There’s also an Armor 9E which swaps the thermal imaging setup for a cheaper price, while offering support for the endoscope camera, too.
That’s all the information about the best rugged smartphones you can buy in 2020. Doogee S95 Pro is most budget one among the 3 rugged smartphones. So if you want to buy Doogee S95 pro, you can find more information on DoogeePhones.com